I have a problem with my triple chrome kit.
The nickel and copper bath works well, but the chrome bath is not trim.
I tested the bath with this procedure:
1) Set the temperature to 43 ° C
2) Clean the anode of the GP plate with an abrasive sheet and rinse with water
3) submerge the GP plate
4) I used a copper piece for plating test, 3.5cm x 2.5cm
5) The part is cleaned with an abrasive wheel, acetone, SD Klenne 175 and a finish 416. Each clean are rinse with water.
6) The piece are dives
Its possible to plate most items, if you have a tank big enough, the problem is not the size of the tank, but the total surface area, which will dictate the voltage needed, if the item is to big, then the voltage needed may be so high that the electric rectifier needed would be to big and expensive
Please read the attachment, and this will explain the procedure
can you use electroless plating on Plastic Parts to make them conductive for further plating?
I'm looking to plate plastic parts but I cannot use normal conductive ink as the parts have holes I cannot reach with a airbrush or standard brush so would it be possible to plate plastic with electroless plating? to provide the conductive base to electroplate onto?
hi, I'm considering setting up to copper plate musical instrument parts to bring them back to size. I can see your copper plating kit , but not a power supply. do you stock a power supply? If not, would a battery charger be suitable ?
1) Can the Caswell Sealer Concentrate be used to give permanent rust protection after metal has been blacked with your 4-part Black Oxide Kit? If so, would it replace the 'Seal-Ox' stage or would it be an additional step once dewatering has been completed?
2) The Sealer is shown as 'water-based' on the tin so what's the meaning of the description's second paragraph "The cellulose based ... cellulose thinners"? Are there two product versions? Many thanks
we usually gold plate various items using brush plating method. We want Nickel/colbalt a copper bath. We have experimented a few times but failed. We need to use the brush plating method as the object is too large. Will these chemicals be ok for brush plating? ELECTROLESS NICKEL/COBALT CONCENTRATE PART A, B, C is this for tank plating only? I have done some tank plating a few years ago very successfully. Will the NICKEL CRYSTALS WITH BRIGHTENERS be ok for brush plating?
I just bought your Black Oxide kit and I am struggling with it :
1: If I use the Cond-Ox solution, my mild steel will not blacken at all. Without, it seems to work even if I dont get a very dark black.
2: I want to blacken / antique a piece of furniture and I cannot dip it. So I am trying to apply the products with brushes, sponges...
Besides the issue above, I don't achieve an even result. Do you have an advice how to proceed?
I posted in attachment an axample of the finish I am looking
I just got the XPE tanks of my KTM 660 Rally coated and one of them is standing in the living room filled up with 5 litres of fuel for 4 weeks now. I found one blister in the coat already. So I now know I will need to seal all tanks and my coater needs to repaint this one tank after leaving it another 4 weeks without fuel to get the settled ethanol evaporated. The other tanks are empty for more than a year now. I just have some questions here:
Cleaning the tanks: There is written about diluted